Windows 10 theme is not changing the background?

JohnJSal

Hi all. I've been using a Windows 10 theme for the summer, and it seemed to work normally. I had it set for the background image to change daily, and it did.

But now I've installed a fall theme (both of them from Microsoft directly) and the background never changes. I've had it for at least two or three days, but it remains on the same background. I have it set to change daily as well.

Is there a way to fix this? Is there a way to manually change to the next image in the slideshow? (There are 17 images apparently.) I don't see a way to manually change the image.

Thanks!

JohnJSal

I put the summer theme back on and it was set to change the background every 1 minute by default, so I left that and waited and it worked. Then I put the fall theme back on and changed it to 1 minute as well and that time it worked. Then I set it to 1 day and it immediately changed again.

I don't know. Maybe I kick-started something by doing that. I'll see if it continues to work now...

JohnJSal

Well, I'm stumped. It just won't change when I have it set to change every 1 day, but when I change the frequency to something else, like 6 hours, it works!