WIndows 10 Windows 10 to windows 7 up(down)grade

Hello, I have a laptop that came with windows 10 and i want it to run windows 7 instead.

I don't like windows 10 and neither does my 1tb HDD which is simply too old and too slow for a system that constantly runs something in the background overloading my disk on ocassions.

I have already attempted the format several times but there are some technical difficulties which i would like to get help with resolving.
First and foremost that laptop doesn't have a CD-ROM so forget about spamming f9 as it starts up and second of all its bios or UEFI (never knew the difference) also had caused some problems before with spontantenous restarts during process or other glitches.
Several months have passed since my last attempt however which is why i'm going to need your help starting from scratch.

First i need to know what version of windows 7 will be best and also what method should i choose (like usb flashing).

My specs are here:

ASUS TUF GAMING FX504 SERIES
intel core i5 8th gen
16gb optane
8gb RAM

don't know what else is needed actually, please ask for more info if needed

johnb35

Administrator
Staff member
You can make windows 10 look like windows 7, have a regular start menu and a few other things. I highly doubt you'll get windows 7 installed with the correct drivers anyway. To run any laptop efficiently you'll need an SSD drive not a standard mechanical hard drive, they are too damn slow even with newer OS's.

beers

Staff member
Wouldn't recommend an EOL/EOS OS to be fair just from a vulnerability patching perspective. Unless you'll never do anything of value on that system ever or simply don't care if your credentials/information are/is hijacked.

You'll probably have to manually hut down and inject drivers into the installation medium. Seems like a pain in the ass for no positive gain and additional liability. Some updates even require third party patches since MS specifically didn't support these in a Win7 environment (7k series upward).