Windows 10 Wi-Fi in and out?!?!

Griffin Dollar

So I recently upgraded from Win7 to Win10 on my custom PC. It has an ASUS M4A785M Mobo (Yeah I know it sucks) but anyway, I also have a Linksys WMP600N Wireless-N PCI card. Ever since I upgraded, the Wi-Fi signal is suddenly very low, and it's very very slow. Most of all it says Limited Connectivity even when my other devices (iPhone 6s and Chromebook) are working. I checked and reinstalled drivers, same problem. I reset my PC back to Windows 7, same problem. Clean installed Windows 7, same problem. Can't seem to get it steady!!! Any advice?

Darren

Staff member
Just as likely the card is dying, particularly if it's on the PCI interface it's likely fairly old.

Griffin Dollar

I have an Arris SB6190 Modem, Linksys E1200 router, along with a Belkin Range Extender. I've tried connecting without the extender. The router is in the master bedroom which is 2 rooms down, and the extender is right around the corner, visible from my desk.

Griffin Dollar

The card actually came out of a rescued Dell Optiplex 330 that was thrown out by my school system because of a faulty power button. It was a brand new card that was never used when I got it (now a year old) and the PC worked just fine with that card.

johnb35

Administrator
Staff member
My best guess is that its 9 years old and not supported by windows 10. Get a new card that windows 10 supports.