Windows 7, 64 bit, mouse keeps freezing

ChrisUlrich

Just with normal use, the mouse will freeze for a second and then work normally again. The computer doesn't freeze, the mouse does. Sometimes it will freeze time and time again with about 5 second intervals. I'll restart it and the mouse will freeze a few times and then work flawlessly for however long it wants too before it wants to do it all over again. Sometimes, it will freeze, work for 10 seconds, freeze, work for 10 seconds and then be fine for hours.

Anyone else have this problem? This is a fresh install of Windows 7 btw. Although this is an old USB Optical Mouse (plugged in with the green mouse adapter thing).

I have done searches on google but with all the questions I see regarding this, I do not see any answers.

johnb35

Administrator
Staff member
So you are using a usb to ps/2 converter? Why not just plug it into a usb port? Try a different mouse as well.

dtiao7eb

did you recently (or when ever the problem started) change mouse pads? sometimes multicolored mouse pads throw my mouse around the screen. also is it wireless? maybe the mouse is too far away from the usb plug. or simply u just need a new mouse :)

StrangleHold

Staff member
Have you tried another mouse. Since its a optical look at the light diode and see if needs cleaning.

Hitchtech

Bad Port? bad Mouse, WORST case scenario.. South bridge.. Lol. Probably just a broken mouse most likely. use a different one to narrow down your possibilities.