[Windows 7] [Acer Aspire one] WiFi issue.

jashsayani

I just installed Windows 7 on my new Acer aspire one and it works like a charm, except for the WiFi !!
I did a Google search and found that many people have this problem but I could not find the solution.

Sometimes, WiFi works and after reboot, the Wireless adapter disappears from the network connections and device manager. After a few reboots, it again comes back and then disappears again after a reboot...

I tried removing the driver and a fresh install of the driver, but the problem is still there...

Any solutions??

ajm

I have the same problem. Sometimes Windows doesn't even see my wireless card, and if it does then it will show no networks as available. It seemed to sometimes work after a reboot & running troubelshooter, but now it's not working at all -- even with no SD cards inserted.

Abkrino

can you tell me if this is what you are experiencing?
you boot and you see a loading sign ( like the one instead of the sand clock this circle that "energy" spins in ) and then you have the disconnected sign on the network icon then you go to the Network Connections and find that the network card is working but it's not sending or receiving ?

Irishwhistle

Go to the control panel and click "add a device"

From there select your card and then locate the .inf driver file. ;) Should do it. :)

KingDick

WiFi etc

I installed windows 7 onto my Aspire One (512 RAM, 160GB HD) in about 25 mins with an external usb DVD drive.
Worked like a dream except for the WiFi drivers. Then I found the 7.6.1.194 driver.
I updated the driver manually be selecting the location I placed it and it’s working great. Light blinks and everything….. whoopee

Direct link to the download file:
http://www.croftophile.fr/pilote/atheros_v7.6.1.194.exewrek

jashsayani

I installed windows 7 onto my Aspire One (512 RAM, 160GB HD) in about 25 mins with an external usb DVD drive.
Worked like a dream except for the WiFi drivers. Then I found the 7.6.1.194 driver.
I updated the driver manually be selecting the location I placed it and it’s working great. Light blinks and everything….. whoopee

Direct link to the download file:
http://www.croftophile.fr/pilote/atheros_v7.6.1.194.exewrek

Thanks! Problem solved. :)

THREAD CAN BE CLOSED