Windows 7 and Vista No Internet Access - Please Help

The-Llamalizer

Hello. I'll try and make this story as brief as possible.
About a week or so ago I awoke to my computer refusing to connect to the internet. I couldn't understand why because when I shut it down the night before everything was just fine. I decided that now would be a fine time to reinstall the operating system but this time upgrade to the Windows 7 RC1. And everything was fine.
A few days later (maybe even the next day, I don't remember), the same thing occurred. This time I tried more troubleshooting than before (which was about none) and did a system restore and everything was back to good.
Now this has been happening rather frequently since then and a system restore has worked to fix my "No Internet Access" issues every time except today. Today it didn't work and I have absolutely no idea what the issue is. My NIC has the latest drivers. I had internet access as of yesterday and I shut the computer down at night and awoke to no access. No updates were installed. No settings changed, nothing. Anyone got any ideas?
Thanks in advance.

Droogie

are you getting a little yellow triangle with an exclamation point over it in the task manager? that was happening to me when i had the RC installed. the way i fixed it was by going into device manager, disabling the NIC card, and then re-enabling it (i had to do this every time the issue occurred)

Droogie

hmm, ok try this:

open up cmd and type in: ipconfig /renew. if it's still not working after this disable and re-enable the NIC card again.