Windows 7 and XBox 360 won't talk to each other

Good Ol' Ramos

I've tried everything I can find online, and have been working on this problem for what feels like a month. Essentially, my XBox 360 can't connect to my computer for streaming media through the dashboard or through Media Center. I wish I could list everything I've tried so far, but I'll do my best. I tried TVersity. Same problem. When searching for the PC in the XBox I do sometimes find it for a second, although I don't recall under what conditions. I'm sure I'm missing some other bit of info, but that's about all I can figure to tell. I've forwarded whatever ports I have to, checked and double-checked that all the proper services were running in Windows 7. If I remember correctly, the MCE service kept disabling after I would enable it. I could be wrong.
Cable internet
WNR2000 Netgear 802.11N router
XBox 360 connected to router with Cat5
Desktop w/ Windows 7 connected with a Netgear WG311v3 PCI 802.11g wireless card

I cannot filter multicast streaming on this router.

I am just out of ideas. Thanks in advance for any help!

linksys

that would all be done using the windows media extender and make sure you have network discovery, file and media sharing turned on if all that is turned on you should get a pop up on the computer like media extender found or something like that if both devices are turned on also it could be some setting on the router that are keeping things from rolling like a firewall setting any way dont know if youve tried the way xbox suggests but heres the link
http://support.xbox.com/support/en/.../mediacenter/sharemediafrommediacenterpc.aspx

Last edited: