Windows 7 - BOOTMGR is missing!

bigcomp

So I had two windows 7 installed on my PC ( don't ask why :D ) one in C:\ and one i D:\

I went inside the system recovery procedure of my D:\ windows 7 and formatted my C:\ drive, now when I restarted I started getting this error BOOTMGR is missing hit ctrl+alt+del to restart..

Now, I don't have windows 7 installation DVD, but I do have a working copy installed in D:\ drive.

I tried booting up using my windows xp/vista installation DVDs and that didnt work, same error. I ran the hardware diagnosis and it was all clear. I burned myself a windows 7 repair disc with bootmgr in it, tried booting up with that, same error.

I am sure I am selecting internal cd/dvd rom while trying to boot with the discs.

Whats going wrong, I just can't figure out!

lucasbytegenius

Try checking your BIOS about how the CD won't boot. As for the BOOTMGR error, a word of advice: NEVER, EVER format your C: drive if you have another installation on that computer!! That drive held some of the most vital information in the computer: The boot manager. It controls which OS to boot, and it also has info on how to boot that OS, and a few more items, but that's simply what it is.

maria.sizer

BOOTMGR error comes when the Boot manager files are missing or corrupted. OS needs the Boot Manager files to start. If the files are missing it occurs error. So I think that repairing will solve your issue.

fstreed

You might try a little program called GAG Boot Manager. Download it and burn it to a CD, then boot from that CD. It should find any bootable OSs and then you can either just boot into one or set it up as a boot manager.