Windows 7 & Creative Audigy 2 ZS Hiccups

Sillysod

Hi, I have been having this problem ever since I upgraded to Windows 7 Pro from the Beta :rolleyes:. The sound from an MP3 would jump or hiccup every few seconds, sometimes dependant of the song would alter the frequency of them.

I originally downloaded the Win7 drivers from Creative's website, but after reading similar problems from other people on the net, I downloaded the 'SB_Audigy_Series_Support_Pack_2.5' after reports of that resolving other people’s issues. Now MP3s play fine, but FLAC files are unbearably jumpy.

I have a AMP attached with 2 large 200w speakers, all working perfectly before the upgrade from Windows 7 Beta.

Any ideas of how to solve this or what can cause it? Something about memory buffers out of sync? Will try the daniel_k drivers, although the latest that I can find seem quite old.

Will try with no OC on anything and see if that helps...

EDIT: Same with or without OC and also same after disabling the onboard sound... 'Hiccups' in the sound are every 2~3 seconds :confused:

Any advice?

Many thanks
Sam

Last edited:

Kosh

just out of curiousity have you tried the onboard sound?i know yuk its not gonna sound as good.however at least try it to make sure the onboard sound isnt having the same problem.that would limit the problem to codecs if the onboard has the problem.if it doesnt then ya know its driver related.

Sillysod

Thanks for the reply Kosh and it doesn't with the onboard...

Guess I will have to wait for new drivers & wil try the daniel_k ones shortly. BTW Internet sound, windows sounds and most MP3's are fine, just the odd crackle with certain songs/pitches.

Cheers
Sam

Kosh

yeah i would definetly try the daniel k driver.they say he is one of the sharper tools in the shed.:good: