Windows 7 e-mail ?

celina728

I have Win 7 on my laptop, I know that I can't use my Outlook Express with Win 7 so I use Win Live mail. I can't figure out how to enable pic's in my email. I can enable pic's in each email, but how do I enable pic's in all my mail? Is there any free email programs that's simular to Outlook Express?
Also I have some email's that I put on cd's from outlook express how would I open them without having outlook express on this laptop?
Thanks for any and all help

johnb35

Administrator
Staff member
Thunderbird, Opera and Pegasus email programs are free.

Did you make a backup of your mail folders so they have an extension like .dbx or you talking about individual emails so they have .eml extension?

Last edited:

celina728

Re;johnb35.
the emails that I have on cd's are indivdual emails.I think they are eml.extentions.
Are any of the programs that you mentioned like Outlook express, like the lay out and ease of getting and opening emails?

celina728

I downloaded Thunderbird and installed it. From what I can tell it is almost the same as
Win Live mail. Is there any way to set it up so that the pic's show in all emails without individual clicking on the allow notice? Outlook Express had were if you went to the tools/? you can allow pic's to show in all your email.

johnb35

Administrator
Staff member
I don't use it but I'm sure there is a setting in it somewhere to allow it.

celina728

I tried to figure out how to allow pic's in all emails but I couldn't find anything,so for now I just use it.
Thanks for the help.

johnb35

Administrator
Staff member
Are you sending pics as attachments? I just downloaded it and sent a pic and I received it just fine and was able to view it without doing anything.

strollin

Look in Options->Safety Options. On the Security tab there are a couple of checkboxes under the "Download Images" section. Make sure the box labeled "Show images and external content sent from email addresses in my Safe Sender's list." is checked. You will then need to add those whose pics you want to see to your Safe Sender's list in order to see the pics.