Windows 7 for college students

vieya

Okay so I was thinking of getting windows 7 since I'm a college student I can get it for 29.99 is that to download or a cd?

linkin

VIP Member
I think it's a download. I hope they do a similar thing here in Aus so i can get a cheap copy.

denverbronco26

A lot of college students can get it completely free. I know Ive gotten 3 copies so far free with our software provider for NEIT.

AdmnPower

VIP Member
Windows 7 is awesome, really it's not insanely different than vista... just a lot of the stuff that didn't work in vista that was supposed to does in fact work on windows 7. For example, the only place i've ever seen the Run as -> Previous windows enviornment (such as windows xp) ever work is on windows 7.

Jamin43

banned
As others said - it's a download - but that's fine.

the Release Candidate version I'm using was a download too. D/L it - burn it to DVD - and get the code for install / backup disk.

Peachy :good:

HumanMage

My university isn't offering such a deal to it's students. What a bummer. Our little "secure net" service thing doesn't work with Windows 7 from what I can deduce. Which is why I'm apprehensive to buy a full copy of 7.

epidemik

I got it and its worked fine. You can buy a disk for a little bit more money but theres no need to.

the Release Candidate version I'm using was a download too. D/L it - burn it to DVD - and get the code for install / backup disk.

The download isnt an ISO so you cant burn it with the basic download microsoft gives you. I think a friend of mine had a workaround but that was because he downloaded it when the downloader was broken (the first day it came out)

/\E

Most colleges, including mine, are giving Windows 7 to CS/SE students for free. I think that your college has to have some Microsoft Developer agreement.

I have no clue for sure, who knows why my college would have that. The entire campus at my college runs Fedora on Apple Xserves, so I wouldn't expect to see Microsoft around. LOL.