Windows 7 HELP!!

This has got to be the stupidest software if what a Geek Squad told me is true.

Here is the problem,I have a flash drive and I am trying to find a file that is on it somewhere.I go to search but it doesn't list flash drives or external hard drives so I can search them.They said Windows 7 does not have a feature to search external drives.

Please tell me there is a way to search my flash drive on Windows 7!!
I can do it with XP all day long.

I've got an Asus K60.

Thanks,

Bodaggit23

Hogwash.

Put your drive in, Click the Start Menu, click Computer.

Double Click on the drive. In the upper right hand corner, what do you see?

Here's what I see:

Capture-10.jpg

Kosh

yeah dont listen to geek squad ive seen to many of those people that didnt have a clue.:D

Thanks Bodaggit23,that did the trick.If they ain't any smarter than that I'm glad I didn't buy the Geek Squad Plan.
They might not have wanted to waste time on me,especially since I told the girl I didn't buy that plan.

And thanks to all you other guys!!

Here's another quick question. Sometimes if I hold the pointer over a folder or something,it automatically opens it,how do set it not to do that?
I'm too use to XP.

Thanks again,

bluefox6122

Never listen to the geek squad if you have little knowledge yourself to contradict them. Reason?
Well the reason is i noticed that they want you in and out as soon as they can and can be lazy in telling you every exact detail... I would stick to the Forums found here and google.... full details can be found more easily

Abyss09

Windows 7 compatible drivers!

I bought HP3611-tx laptop few days ago and HP provided me recovery discs with Windows Vista and All drivers are vista compatible. :cool:

But after installing windows 7, some drivers are not working due to compatibility problems such as media smart MVP, Fingerprint Reader (Digital persona). Now my biometric device is not working. :mad: :confused:

Can anyone give me any suggestion that where i can find windows 7 compatible fingerprint reader driver?:eek:

HP website is only providing Vista compatible drivers... :mad:

double b26

I bought HP3611-tx laptop few days ago and HP provided me recovery discs with Windows Vista and All drivers are vista compatible. :cool:

But after installing windows 7, some drivers are not working due to compatibility problems such as media smart MVP, Fingerprint Reader (Digital persona). Now my biometric device is not working. :mad: :confused:

Can anyone give me any suggestion that where i can find windows 7 compatible fingerprint reader driver?:eek:

HP website is only providing Vista compatible drivers... :mad:

have you tried installing the vista driver for the fingerprint reader in windows 7? i just did a clean install of win 7 ultimate x64, and went to the dell site and downloaded the vista x64 drivers for things like the IDT HD sound, and the touchpad (it worked, but no scrolling until i installed the actual driver). the x64 vista drivers seem to work fine with win 7 x64.

other than that, the best i could suggest is to google around for some generic biometric driver. maybe find out who manufactured the actual finger scanner and check their site.

Last edited:

Abyss09

have you tried installing the vista driver for the fingerprint reader in windows 7? i just did a clean install of win 7 ultimate x64, and went to the dell site and downloaded the vista x64 drivers for things like the IDT HD sound, and the touchpad (it worked, but no scrolling until i installed the actual driver). the x64 vista drivers seem to work fine with win 7 x64.

other than that, the best i could suggest is to google around for some generic biometric driver. maybe find out who manufactured the actual finger scanner and check their site.

Thanx for the suggestion :) but i tried to download from the manufacturer website but they are providing for vista OS. That's also not working with windows 7.:confused:
Now I'm gonna try the way as you said... :rolleyes: