Windows 7 is coming sooner than we thought

whansen02

Hey everyone .... we may be getting Win7 sooner than they first though. I was reading this, and I quote "could be released as early as next year, as opposed to sometime in 2010, as currently expected." If you want to read the article ... Windows 7 in 2009? Be careful what you wish for.

I'm still using XP, and although I love it, I'm willing to go for Win7 for sure. ;)

NaughtyMonkey

My friend has a copy of the beta of Windows 7 and it looks just like vista but has alot of bugs in it. I don't like it much, has more special effects that is just going to lag a computer.

mep916

Administrator
Staff member
My friend has a copy of the beta of Windows 7 and it looks just like vista but has alot of bugs in it. I don't like it much, has more special effects that is just going to lag a computer.

It's beta software. It's going to change dramatically in the coming months.

PC eye

banned
RC1 as well as IE 8 beta were a pain here when tried out. The beta for Vista's SP2 is supposed to be in a prebeta form to see a beta version soon enough. The build your friend reports having now is likely a prebata build still more or less using Vista themes until another development has that section of 7 ready for compilation.

As mentioned earlier on another Windows 7 thread someone started MS is likely pushing up the time table a little since many look at Vista as being an ME II flop due to the new version's design around newer hardwares. If a new version had come out inbetween instead of the simply long delay seen with Vista that would likely have seen a 256mb minimum with XP's 64mb 128mb recommended and Vista now seeing 512mb.

The explanation from an MS beta tester is that Windows is divided into several sections in the early stages finally being compiled into the first beta when ready for release. You won't see much new at this time and shouldn't expect to.

PC eye

banned
Even a more recent one seen on the other thread started last week is old and only showed a couple of new screens while some complained about seeing Vista images as well. The explaination that nothing can be written in stone now about the next version is simple since it's still only in the early stages.