Windows 7 Professionel: Nothing Works! No Drivers!

Impreza

Hey guys,

I bought a used Lenovo Thinkpad 510.
There was Ubuntu installed on the laptop, unfortunately I didnt tried to connect it to the the internet or something else, to find out if its the laptop or the Windows. The first thing I did was installing Windows 7 Professionel x64.
After I installed it I tried to connect the laptop to the internet. But I just cant connect it! It not even shows the network adapter at the troubleshooting! It seems like theres no driver installed at all, like for nothing! Cause the laptop not even recognize USB devices. I tried 3 different USB devices, it recognized nothing!

On my old laptop everything worked well with the same Windows I used for the Lenovo.

I hope u guys can help me out with that crap!

Greetings from Germany!

Impreza

I first thought that maybe the network adapter in the laptop is broken. But because it didnt recongnized the USB devices either, its more likely that its the software and not the hardware.
At least thats my guess...

zRetire

Reinstall windows onto the computer to see if it works. Getting the USB to work is the #1 priority so that you can install your network drivers and then be able to install your other drivers. Did you clean the HDD or SSD?

1. Try reinstalling windows after cleaning HDD

2. Check your key combo online to turn off the internet adapter on the Laptop

3. If all else fails talk to the guy that you bought it from

4. Geek Squad or even another company can fix the laptop. There is only so much you can explain online compared to someone walking you through it IRL

johnb35

Administrator
Staff member
Check device manager for any missing drivers first, I'm sure there are a few of them. Let us know exactly what still needs a driver. You probably were trying the usb 3.0 port and nothing will get recognized without the driver installed for it.

beers

Staff member
You need to install the network driver. Worst case scenario, burn a DVD that has the network, chipset and USB drivers on it.

Okedokey

As said above, you just need the chip-set drivers and since you're on here, I guess you're on-line. Download this and your network drivers and install them. Restart and confirm activation. Then run windows update until it is complete and then go here to install anything else you need.