Windows 7 upgrade from Vista

larryq22

My home laptop runs Vista Home Premium SP2, 32-bit. I recently purchased an upgrade to Windows 7 32-bit, BUT . . . the version I received was Windows 7 Pro.

1. Will this happily upgrade my Home Premium OS, or must I do a clean install of Win 7 Pro?

2. If I do a clean install, will my wireless connections be automatically detected and installed or will I have to call my ISP to reset?

Thanks,
Larry

Shane

Super Moderator
Staff member
If its 32 bit you got yes it should upgrade fine.

If you did have to do a clean install for some reason,Both Vista and 7 is so easy setting up Wireless...all you would have to do is look at available wireless networks and yours should show up....click connect and enter the password (if you have one) and away you go.

whs

Do a clean install. Upgrades are a mess. For your wireless you just use "Connect To" in the Start menu.

linkin

VIP Member
if both are 32 bit you won't have a problem upgrading, but a clean install is recommended because it generally increases performance on your computer.

kristain

banned
Windows 7 Upgrade

In the upgrade process there is not any need of installing all the software.Only there is migration of these software. It is less expensive than the clean install. If you want to learn more about how to upgrade from Windows vista to Windows 7, just click here.

Atrosity

As long as it is a 32 bit you should have no problems. I always recommend a complete wipe on the hard drive and delete all your partitions then reinstalling the software. It is better to do a fresh install and do it right then to take short cuts.