Windows 7 Wei scoring

mtb211

Active Member
Hi everyone, I was looking at my windows index scoring last night. My cpu . graphics , gaming graphics... all that was above a 7 but my hard drive was a 5.4.

Do you need a solid state drive to receive a 7? My hardrive is a bit old but it is a sata drive

Thx all

Matt
 
I think my Velociraptor got a 5.9 :(

Yes, I think you'd need an SSD or a RAID array to bring that up. :)

I wouldn't worry too much about those scores though.
 
That scoring really sucks. I have a gtx 285 and I only got like a 5.2 for graphics. I have 5.2 overall, it doesn't make sense. And the funnier thing about it is that my system is new with i5 and my system before was worse and it got a 5.7 score.
 
That scoring really sucks. I have a gtx 285 and I only got like a 5.2 for graphics. I have 5.2 overall, it doesn't make sense. And the funnier thing about it is that my system is new with i5 and my system before was worse and it got a 5.7 score.

Somethings definitely wrong with the graphics card score. My HD 4890 scores a 7.6 for graphics. Did you install all the latest drivers?

And @OP, my hard drive only scores a 5.7, you need either RAID or SSD to score higher.
 
Well, mine GTX 275 got 7,3 but HDD only 5,9. I just dont like that final rate is made on the lower one. Avarage would be more apropriate.
 
That scoring really sucks. I have a gtx 285 and I only got like a 5.2 for graphics.

I agree with Maroon. Somethings not right with your graphics.

My GTX 260 got 6.5

Win7Experience.jpg
 
hmmm, That is strange... I got great scores besides for my data transfer rate, my RPM is only 5400, Vista and 7 score different, 7 is suposed to be much better, and only scores 0-7.9 where in vista its lower, max of 5 or something, i forget
 
hmmm, That is strange... I got great scores besides for my data transfer rate, my RPM is only 5400, Vista and 7 score different, 7 is suposed to be much better, and only scores 0-7.9 where in vista its lower, max of 5 or something, i forget

5.9 for Vista

It's stupid that the overall score is based off the lowest individual score, and not the average of all.

But then again, it really doesn't matter.
 
Last edited:
You're right, it doesn't matter.
My rating is 4.6 :D brought down by my graphics card but I don't game on this anyway and it handles the OS pretty good..
 
What we should pay attention are those scores of CPU & RAMS for non-gamers.
Yes, with SSD drives should bring the score beyond 7.5
 
These scores have to be funky somewhere. My 4850 is getting 7.1, which should definitely not be higher than a GTX260. Hard drive is the weakest link here at 5.9 also. Something tells me a 6 or higher is unattainable with a traditional drive.
 
Windows Vista and 7 WEI scores are effed. My 4850 scored a 5.9, and after upating drivers it scored a 7.3 :confused: :rolleyes:

Don't even bother with the scores. just use it to show your computer illiterate friends you have a good computer :P it's not good for much else.

My hardrive scores a 5.9, model number is WDC WD25 00AAKS-00SBA in case you wanted to know. (basically it's a caviar blue drive)
 
the rest of my scores are over 7 but the hard drive is whats dragging it down i had a 640gb 16mb cache western digital i recently changed it too a 1tb samsung with 32mb cache and the score for both was the exact same 5.9, i think you would need a ssd to get it up to a decent no. you can get a 40gb kingston ssd for £75 you could use it just as your boot drive.
 
Back
Top