• No

Votes: 14 29.8%
  • Yes and No

Votes: 5 10.6%

• Total voters

SFR

Truth fears no questions
I do not care.

As long as Microsoft does not start using animal names like Cheetah, Jaguar, Panther, Tiger or Leopard...

I'd rather they spend more time and money on a stable operating system and worry less about the bells and whistles or their great new name!

StrangleHold

Staff member
Windows 7 is alright, sounds ok. Kinda screwy being a single digit since it will probably be version 6.1. But how many people out there that buy computers really know what version they are running. Most just know it by the name,98/ME/2000/ XP/Vista blah blah blah.

Gareth

I think Microsoft Windows Aero SX would be good, but its rather close to the car Suzuki Aerio SX..

gamerman4

I do not care.

As long as Microsoft does not start using animal names like Cheetah, Jaguar, Panther, Tiger or Leopard...

I'd rather they spend more time and money on a stable operating system and worry less about the bells and whistles or their great new name!

I guess they dodged a bullet by dropping the "Longhorn" codename :p

Windows Chimpanzee

Windows Moose (ultra bloated edition)

Windows Kinkajou!!!!!

TrainTrackHack

VIP Member
Sounds simple, cool, sleek. But why is it "7"? Is it because of the NT Kernel version or something, because it definitely isn't the 7th Windows, nor is it the 7th NT-based windows...

Actually I'm not sure about whether it's the 7th NT based OS or not. How many Windows NTs has there been?

gamerman4

well im guessing they are starting with Win95 since it was the one most people got familiar with Microsoft through.
so:
1. 95
2. 98
3. 2000
4. ME
5. XP
6. Vista
7. 7

Just a guess

TrainTrackHack

VIP Member
1. 95
2. 98
3. 2000
4. ME
5. XP
6. Vista
7. 7
*hits himself* I actually thought that theory, but though that it can't be that since the OSs between 95 and Vista didn't add up to 7, only 6... Guess I'm in need of the annual weedwhacking of my brain :D

chibicitiberiu

Nope, the correct version numbers are:
Windows 1
Windows 2
Windows 3 & Windows NT 3.x
Windows 95 (windows 4.0) & Windows NT 4.0
Windows 98 (windows 4.1)
Windows Me (windows 4.9)
Windows 2000 (Windows NT 5.0)
Windows XP (Windows NT 5.1)
Windows 2003 & Windows xp x64(Windows NT 5.2)
Windows Vista (Windows NT 6.0)
Windows 7... what version will this one be? I guess Windows NT 7.0, but the latest Milestone 3 version which leaked from microsoft says that is Windows NT 6.1

And coming soon: Windows Strata or Windows Cloud.... what name is this???????!???
(source: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Windows_Strata )

mep916

Administrator
Staff member
Nope, the correct version numbers are:
Windows 1
Windows 2
Windows 3 & Windows NT 3.x

Right, but they're not counting those versions. Why? I don't know. Probably has something to do with what Gamerman stated. Windows 95 was the first "huge" Microsoft release. I'm sure someone here at CF has a better explanation, too tired to Google it.