Windows 98 Logon

crispy1995

I have my Windows 98 (because I like the 9x OS-es) logon set to the Windows Logon Screen and set it so that you cannot press Escape to logon, but I just noticed that if you enter any username, you can get in. Is there any way to change this?

The_Other_One

VIP Member
Go to the network properties and set the login method to Windows Login. If you get prompted again, enter a username, but no password. That SHOULD log you in using that account by default...

Draco Malfoy

Go to the network properties and set the login method to Windows Login. If you get prompted again, enter a username, but no password. That SHOULD log you in using that account by default...

But that's not what he's asking. He wants to make it so that you cannot login without specified username and password pairs. Not to disable the login mechanism completely.

Draco Malfoy

I don't think you should rely on Windows 98's login screen to provide much security. Windows 98 is a very insecure OS. You could use policies to heavily restrict the default and arbitrary users, and only give power to specified password protected users.

elitehacker

Isn't windows 98 the operating system where you can press cancel and still get it? why are you still using that ancient beast for? Is you computer that old? At the very least upgrade to windows 2000.