Windows 98/ME updates download to CD

Woz

Hi,
Does anyone have a link so I can download the most up to date updates for Windows 98/ME machines. As I cant do it over the web as there is no net connection I was thinking of downloading them on a machine which has the net access and putting them on a CD and running them from there.

Anyone?

Thanks in advance.

Woz

Super_Nova

If you have Windows ME you need to get rid of it. Even if you have to format it and put 98 in its place. It's quite frankly terrible.

Woz

Yes I know its awful but there is not much I can do about it right now. Were not in a position to buy a lot of updates.

I may have found the error but just in case, can anyone find the update link to download to CD's?

Woz

Woz

Thanks for the links mate but unless im being stupid they run the updates straight to your computer. I need it so I can download them to a CD and run them from there.

Thanks

computerhakk

VIP Member
o0o0o, didn't catch that.

im sure it has the option to do that when it was up to date, however since its not anymore, they probably eliminated that solution as opposed to like xp where u can get it from a cd.

u might have to get an internet connection going to be able to get the update. maybe get a copy of AOL and use its free XXXX number of hours and get the update. once done, delete AOL

Woz

Good idea. I might do that but once AOL is on it really is true that you cant get it off!

I found the link to download the 98's to a CD just not ME!

Cheers anyway

computerhakk

VIP Member
np.

the only reason u probably found 98 was because its probably what most people like business still use as opposed to ME where no one if hardly ever use it.

however, AOL being uninstallable is untrue and yes u can uninstall it. shall u ever come up with that problem, thats why you have this forum :)