windows activation issue

irfan mohammed

I have researched this problem and cant seem to get a straight forward solution. The system I'm using seems to have had a problem with the activation key, it's stating that the key is not genuine. What do I do in this case without reformatting the system? My copy seems to be OEM, but probably is counterfeit (unknowingly bought)

beers

Staff member
Hello.
probably is counterfeit
You could attempt the phone activation if this is a legitimate key. Sometimes Windows will refuse activation if it's been activated too many times unless you do the phone activation piece.

Otherwise if it's a counterfeit key you'd have to get a legitimate one.

Tanner4

I have researched this problem and cant seem to get a straight forward solution. The system I'm using seems to have had a problem with the activation key, it's stating that the key is not genuine. What do I do in this case without reformatting the system? My copy seems to be OEM, but probably is counterfeit (unknowingly bought)
Just so you know for the future, don't ever activate Windows over the internet. I have done that with legit licenses and still have had issues.

Darren

Staff member
Just so you know for the future, don't ever activate Windows over the internet. I have done that with legit licenses and still have had issues.
You need the internet to activate Windows. What are you on about.