Windows activation Problem need HELP !!!

CHAMPION316

The other day I had my friends re-boot the whole computer for me. The only problem is that I have a HP pavil;ion vf52 but I didn't have the disk that the pc brought along with it. So my friend used his Dell one and re booted the pc for me that way. Now is that a bad thing or no ? Everything started off well and it does not say HP in the beginning no more and it's professional instead of home edition. Well the first day it asked me that (this copy of windows is not activated). The first time I got my pc it didn't ask me that and now I have to call the company. But if this is a Windows xp pc why in the world would it ask me that windows is not activated.

Does this mean I cant download certain windows products and other stuff. I have a style XP desktop and every time I turn off my pc and turn it back on it comes of to a regular windows theme, why is that ?????

In the log in screen where I have to put my PW it says Genuine or something has to download ???? Can anyone help me ??

This is my first time here as you can see my first post and I'm not all that good with computers well at least stuff like this. So what do I do ?

The_Other_One

VIP Member
You have an illegal copy of windows on your computer and will need to load your original copy onto the machine. If it's the same version(Home, Media Center, Pro) as what you previously had, you may be able to enter your activation key and get around this.

CHAMPION316

You have an illegal copy of windows on your computer and will need to load your original copy onto the machine. If it's the same version(Home, Media Center, Pro) as what you previously had, you may be able to enter your activation key and get around this.

thanks a lot man.

brian

VIP Member
if you dont have the disk, i would try to call hp. they usaly are nice and may send you a disk. Maybe