"Windows Backup and Restore" problem

margus224

Hey!
I used windows 7's Backup and Restore to back up my computers old hard drive (581GB total, was using about 220GB) to an external hard drive (250GB). It finished successfully and the external hard drive was almost full.
After that I got my old hard drive (581GB) replaced with a new one (almost 1000GB).
Now when i connect my external hard drive to the computer it doesent find any of those backed up files when I go to Backup and Restore and choose "Select another backup to restore files from"
What should I do? :confused:

And sorry for my spelling, english isn't my native languaege :)

johnb35

Administrator
Staff member
What types of files are on that drive? From what we've seen here in the forum with other members using windows backup and restore program, its usually a pain in the butt to use. You should have just copied and pasted the files you wanted to backup instead of using a program to do it.

margus224

What types of files are on that drive? From what we've seen here in the forum with other members using windows backup and restore program, its usually a pain in the butt to use. You should have just copied and pasted the files you wanted to backup instead of using a program to do it.

When I open the external hard drive and choose the "Backup 2015-02-19" folder I see those files.

http://postimg.org/image/8643t1hax/

Yeah, I know. Didn't know that there would be any problems like this.