Windows COA

Yeti

VIP Member
The COA is not stored on the CD (that would require writing a different COA to each CD) and I don't think that it is stored in the hard drive though I could be wrong. You might want to try calling Microsoft or something to see what they say about lost COAs. The worst case scenario is you could find one online or find a COA generator.

SFR

Truth fears no questions
Yeti said:
worst case scenario is you could find one online or find a COA generator.

Lets try and help people while still following the forum rules... If you have a legit copy of a Microsoft OS, you can call Microsoft and tell them your situation. If you have a illegal copy of a Microsoft OS, this is not the forum to be asking for help.

Yeti

VIP Member
I was assuming the copy was legit. I've just never had to deal with Microsoft and, personly, if they wouldn't help or if they made me jump through hoops I would find another method of obtaining the COA. As I stated before, it is the worst case scenario - after all other options have been attempted.

cyras21

Thanks, it is a legit copy. I was just trying to avoid microsoft, legally, by any means possible. I can only imagine the hoops I'll have to jump through to get a new one.

Praetor

Administrator
Staff member
Is the COA stored on the cd or maybe even the hard drive somewhere?
Its stored (semi-stuck) on the manual

Thanks, it is a legit copy. I was just trying to avoid microsoft, legally, by any means possible. I can only imagine the hoops I'll have to jump through to get a new one.
Not that many actually ... their service is pretty damn neato for a big company