Windows display goes blank.

Desmond56

Ok
I go into personalise screen saver and change power settings. I set both balanced AND power to Never, Never and Never, Never.

My Display still goes blank after about 30 Minutes. What part of Never does Microsoft not understand?

johnb35

Administrator
Staff member
So is the screen saver still active or is the pc going to sleep? What OS are you running? Are you clicking on save changes? When you go back into it, what does the settings say?

Desmond56

Choose when to turn of the display

Change settings for plan: Balanced
Turn of display: Never
Put computer to sleep: Never

Change settings for plan: Power saver
Turn of display: Never
Put computer to sleep: Never

Screen Saver (None)

This is Windows 7/64

YES I did save the settings!

Jiniix

Is it a PC you built yourself or bought from a store?
Store bought will have third party applicatiions installed, one of those could be a screensaver app.
There's also a setting for when to turn off your HDDs in the advanced power settings. I have those on never.

Desmond56

I built the computer myself. I formatted a HDD and installed windows. What other software could be on the computer.

Jiniix

Only the software you've installed then. Did you use the driver CD or download them online?
Did you check your advanced power settings for HDD turnoff/spin down? Default is 20min. Never had that on, just a thought.

Desmond56

Installed using proper CDs

The only way seems to change ALL power settings to none regardless of which one you pick. I picked Balanced but changed Power saver and High performance also to none. Seems Microsoft doesn't pick your choice for some things.