Windows firewall?

cell4me

banned
Is the windows firewall good? I had zonealerm pro but removed it from my computer because I was having problems and now my computer is much :D I turned on my windows firewall and went to shieldsup and tested it and it blocked all ports! But I was wondering if it is a good firewall why so many people on here use sygate and other firewalls? If windows firewall is a good one why not stick with what works :confused:

reciprokal

i dunno, i have both windows and sygate turned on cuz i heard some people saying that windows' Fwall is pretty much useless or something.....

Cromewell

Administrator
Staff member
windows firewall is ok but any 3rd party firewall is better, Windows blocks outside connections from coming in but allows anything thats in to go out. ICS = internet connection sharing

tweaker

VIP Member
I have to say that windows new firewall is very good, in most cases for the general user I actually don't see the point in installing a 3rd party FW.

Personally I'm using a separate computer to protect me, this way I'm safe and don't waste any valuable resources.

Last edited: