Windows Hibernation/Resume Problems

Stildawn

Hi all... I dont know if this is a hardware problem or just a windows problem so Ill post it here lol.

I'm having problems but Ill start from the beginning so you can all get the full picture...

The system in question is my sig rig... However I had a HIS ATi 4890 in it before all this began...

When i had my old graphics card I used to hibernate vista all the time, I dont know the exact name for the type of hibernation just the one that turns off all but the ram I think and the computer gets to desktop about 10 seconds after you click the mouse or push enter on the keyboard...

So everything was fine...

Then I purchased the 2 6850's in the sig... I uninstalled the old drivers, started in safe mode, did driver cleaner... And then installed new drivers for the new cards... That went fine...

Booted into Windows no problems etc... However I put the computer on hibernate and it didnt resume... It just powered on (all fans lit up, computers made noise HDD etc...) the monitor light was blue (as in is getting a signal) but screen remained black...

Only way to solve this was to reset the computer in which case it loaded windows...

So I thought to myself maybe Vista didnt like the massive hardware change and I needed a format reinstall anyway... So I formated my C: drive and reinstalled Vista over the weekend thinking that this generally solves most problems...

However... It has since happened twice again.... All updates are installed, first it happened during updating but I thought maybe the updates did it... But it is completely updated now and did it last night...

The funny thing is that I can hibernate it... Wait a minute and then resume no problem at all... I did this maybe ten times as a test worked every time... So I thought the problem was solved... However I hibernated my computer last night and got up this morning and well... It did it again...

I'm at a loss... If its a windows problem then surely a reinstall would have fixed it?

What else could be causing this? The only change in hardware was the graphics cards... But I can game in them fine and they dont miss a beat...

Any help would be greatly appreciated?

driverdj2000

I had a similar problem before, it was down to the graphics driver.
it was on a laptop, when i upgraded the O.S. and used a beta driver when it woke from hibernate id just get a black screen.
I solved it by getting an older driver.
Maybe you should try an older driver version, graphics drivers can be very buggy.

Stildawn

Yeah I tried an older one last night 10.10. Although it did it again this morning. Might try a few other things then try 10.11