windows ME not bootin

thundertiger

hi there, i am having a serious problem with windows ME, when i log on it asks for a password and i always click cancel, never put my pass in (please dont ask why). so, ever since i got a router, the logon box changed to plese log onto the network, so i clicked cancel as i would normally, but then the next day, i accidently clicked OK, when i did that the PC froze, so i held in power button and turned it off, when i next turned it on, it got to the windows me splash screen and then screen went black and I had a flashing cursor at the top left which was there for nearly half an hour and still nothing. so again i turned it of and this time booted up into safe mode, the splash screen showed, then just before the windows netwok logon box came up, the PC just froze and i can't move the mouse or do CTRL + ALT + DEL. Also i dont have a windows ME startup disk and cant access control panel to make one, i also have a laptop running windows Xp home with NO floppy drive, so i cant make a boot disk from the laptop, any help would be GREATLY appreciated. Thanx, thundertiger

34erd

Did it start happening after you setup a netork from the router? Try booting last known good configuration. Also are you running USB mice and keyboard? Try using PS/2.

Secondly it would probably be worth it for you to upgrade to XP pro since your running a network from that computer. Also because ME kinda, well, sucks.

Last edited: