Windows Media Player 9

jp198780

i got Windows Media 9 installed on my Compaq, the specs are, 384MB RAM, and 350MHZ, i go on streetfire.net, 2 watch racing videos, i go on there alot just not on this computer, cuz it plays videos like crap, freezes, keeps buffering stuff like that, anybody know why this is? thanks.

ahajv4life

Could be one of any number of things....buffering could be because of a slow connection, or a slow processor. It could freeze because of slow speed and low ram.

jp198780

well like i said, it's got a 350MHZ processor, and 384MB RAM, my Dell has 664MHZ, and 384MB RAM, and plays the videos great.

tweaker

VIP Member
Well what kind of media is it that your trying to decode? 350MHz can be on the low side in some cases for the heavier formats while your faster Dell manages it flawlessly.

I favour the WM9 player, but the VLC player is better for the lowest end machines.
http://www.videolan.org/vlc/

Last edited:

Christian Darrall

could it just be because of the hardware that hes having all of these vidio problems, whats your connection speed and connection type. for the internet i mean.

try winamp for vidio playing but not the latest one, an old one you can still play vidios but you do not get all the enhancments.

jp198780

i got 768 DSL, my Dells got DSL also, and it has no video problem, well that also has 300MHZ over my compaq.