Windows Not Loading

babak

Hey,

I came home one day and the power had gone out at some point while I was away. I turn on my computer and it says that Windows was improperly shut off last time, blah blah, so I select safe mode to boot up in. It goes to the screen where you get the little bar with the green passing through it when it's loading windows, and then goes black, like it does when it's about to load the desktop, except it never loaded the desktop, it just stays like this. I tried restarting in safe mode, and normal mode a few more times, and even tried booting from the XP cd, and reinstalled it too, but still the same problem.

What could the problem be? I'm thinking harddrive.

btw, there's no weird sounds or errors either.

raskish

if u think the prob with hard disk... but your comp is booting properly, doesn it.... n you ve reinstall xp.. if harddisk is damage windows wont allow to install....it checks hard disk for bad sectors etc... i don rem whether it checks while reinstalling....
if u ve more than one drive then try installing on xp on one another drive....
n else remove the ram clean it n replace.... n check the HDD power supply wires for loose connection....

SirKenin

banned
Does it load in safe mode, but not normal mode? If that's the case then there is a rogue driver or program that isn't loading.