Windows Server 2012 SMB File Share

finsfree

I've got a lab environment that is running Windows Server 2012 Domain Controller. After creating a SMB file share all of my devices can connect except my 2 Android phones (Nexus 5X & ZTE Axon 7). I can see the share but can't write to the SMB shares.

I know this is not a Microsoft forum, but do I have to do anything else extra to this SMB share to make it accessible by Android? Being that it is a Domain Controller I might have to enable current security settings?

My Windows (laptop) and Apple iOS (iPhone 7) devices can connect and write just fine. Why would Android be any different?

Thanks,

AdmnPower

VIP Member
What happens if you set both the share permissions and the security permissions on the share to full control for the everyone group? I have a feeling it’s an authentication issue or a security permissions issue on the shared folder.

If you are authenticating, you might be running into issues passing the domain information across. On windows the username would be domainname\username but on Android it may have a separate field for the domain.