Windows Sharing HELP!!

geelongcats29

Hi, I am running Windows XP and have 2 logins one for the Kids and One for us (Parents). My hard Drive is partitioned and I want to be able to disallow access for the kids to one of the drives as I have got all the programs insalled in there aswell as my Private Documents. I have tried to disallow by clicking right button and properties bu it is in Grey and I am unable to. I have made myself the Administrator and and the kids not. And my question is how can I stop that 1 partition from being used or edited by the kids login and only able to be accessed through the parents login. If someone could help me that would be great. :D

flame1117

banned
Put one main folder in the partition, then put the rest of the reglar folders in that folder then right click the first foler do to charing then click privaite i think it was. I hope that helps.

Praetor

Administrator
Staff member
I have made myself the Administrator and and the kids not.
What are the kids?

And my question is how can I stop that 1 partition from being used or edited by the kids login and only able to be accessed through the parents login.
You can prolly map drives around and only have some drives map with some logins and not for others. Alternatively the most direct solution would be to dismount the partition on the kids-login and not on yours.

Just so you realize, if the kids have some form of access to the system .. nothing is gonna be secure :)

B

Ben

Rite click on the folder you want privet click properties click sharing and then check the box (make this folder privet). If the box (make this folder privet) is grayed out it means that the folder is in a privet folder, SAY My documents ;)