Windows: Still can't connect to wireless

meakakau

I just downloaded a wireless card to my external hd and put it on my computer. It is sending packets, but won't receive any. I put my network key in and everything. It sees that it's there, just won't connect to it.????

Trizoy

VIP Member
First off.. You don't download a card. It is Hardware, and must be installed ONTO your computer. You might download some software update for it, but not the wireless card.

Do you have a laptop, desktop.. windows, mac...

Bl00dFox

i have a dell notebook inspiron b130

i went to dell.com and got the software that i needed to install.

You need to have a wireless card IN your laptop to be able to use it. You cant just download the drivers. You need the hardware!

brian

VIP Member
no i mean that he can see the network as he stated in his first post so if can see anything he has to have a wireless card.

no offence with the bolding just wanted it to stick out :p

meakakau

my computer came with wirless... so it's built-in. But i had to reinstall windows and i'm not sure if that's the reason why it won't connect now.

meakakau

ok, so what is wrong: i went to the device manager to check things out. it's not the network or wireless. it's the ethernet thing. it says it's not there. and then i went to run and typed in cmb and checked out the media and it says it's not connected. i put in the windows restore disc to get things off of it *the drivers* and it says there's nothing there for it to use. :( help.