Windows Surface

Ankur

I don't really care about what OS it has, just hope the CPU is fast and has loads of memory in it. The keyboard responses quite well, if you see the launch video. :)

lucasbytegenius

I don't really care about what OS it has, just hope the CPU is fast and has loads of memory in it. The keyboard responses quite well, if you see the launch video. :)

They can make anything look like it responds well in a video. I saw that stupid dubstep ad they made, which seemed to show off magnetic dust more than it showed off the actual tablet.

paulcheung

I wonder how much this baby sell for? That is the tablet I was asking all the time. A tablet with all the laptop functionality.
Cheers

Ankur

I wonder how much this baby sell for? That is the tablet I was asking all the time. A tablet with all the laptop functionality.
Cheers
The one with the IVB will cost same as a ultra book and the one with the ARM based CPU will cost same as a netbook.

Ankur

Surface for Windows RT Tablet Tech Specs
Processor: NVIDIA Tegra-based ARM chip
Weight: 676 grams
Thickness: 9.3 millimeters
Display: 10.6-inch ClearType HD capactive touchpanel
Battery: 31.5Wh
I/O: microSD, USB 2.0, Micro HD Video, 2x2 MIMO antennae
Software: Windows RT + Office Home & Student 2013 RT
Accessories: Touch Cover, Type Cover, VaporMg Case & Stand
Capacity: 32GB / 64GB
Reolution: 720p

Surface for Windows 8 Pro Tablet Tech Specs
Processor: Intel Core i5 (Ivy Bridge)
Weight: 903 grams
Thickness: 13.5 millimeters
Display: 10.6-inch ClearType Full HD (1080p) capactive touchpanel
Battery: 42Wh
I/O: microSDXC, USB 3.0, Mini DisplayPort, 2x2 MIMO antennae
Software: Windows 8 Pro
Accessories: Touch Cover, Type Cover, VaporMg Case & Stand, Pen with Palm Block
Capacity: 64GB / 128GB
Resolution: 1080p
Okay it is confirmed I am buying windows surface, but I don't know about the Ivy Bridge one or the ARM based one? The ARM based one is for 599$, mostly 650 for me, but which one should I go for as pre-orders have started and it will start soon in India too.
http://surface.microsoftstore.com/s...age.Surface?ESICaching=off&WT.mc_id=FY13WinHH

Last edited:

paulcheung

If I going to get the surface, I won't getting the ARM processor. I would go for the Ivy i5 with full windows capacity.

Ankur

Sounds like Visual Studio won't run on RT and the specs of the 8 pro look astonishing 4GB Ram, possible dual core chip, 1080p, I think the price will also be astonishing:(

strollin

Visual Studio does not RUN on an ARM device but can be used to DEVELOP apps for an ARM device. You will need x86 based Surface Pro tablet to run VS.