windows updates messed my computer up!!!

HELP_ME

i downloaded and installed 5 or 6 windows updates today then when i restarted all my visual/video display is screwed. the resolution is brutal, colors are messed, theres like no color range. everything just looks messed. nothing is running bad its just the display. i cant remember all the updates i installed but here are as many as i can remmber:

1.an update for my radeon x300 driver (very possible the cause of this)
2. .NET framework 3.0 (also looks suspicious, not sure what it is though)
3. outlook email filter ?...

and really thats all i can remmber, but there is more. also when the updates where finished i noticed that it said one failed to install, so thats my prob but i didnt see which one.
aaand, can someone tell me what .net framework is cause i use to see v2.0 in add/remove programs but now i dont see 2.0 or 3.0 one 1.0. could that be it?

and one more thing. i went back to the update page and there are now 6high priority updates, there were 2 before and i installed one. the 6 that are there now are:

- security update for .NET 2.0
- update for XP
- IE 7
- feb 2007 cardspace update for xp
- security for .NET 2.0
- security for .NET 2.0

HELP_ME

k i installed a video driver and now display is back to normal but what about all the new updates? and what is .NET framework? im not sure which version i have.

Last edited:

oscaryu1

VIP Member
If they just popped up then I would be suspicious. Did you get it from the Windows Messenger? If so, download shootthemessenger and get rid of it.

If its from Windows Update then its safe. I would scan with Avast to make sure though. If it wants to install an video driver for you, just download the latest driver yourself and install.

K3rupt

.Dot Framework is a Important System File

The Microsoft .NET Framework is a software component that can be added to Via Update in your case

It provides a large body of pre-coded solutions to common program requirements, and manages the execution of programs written specifically for the framework.

The pre-coded solutions that form the framework's class library cover a large range of programming needs in areas including: user interface, data access, database connectivity, cryptography, web application development, numeric algorithms, and network communications.