Windows Vista 32-bit Question

2048Megabytes

What is the normal amount of memory Windows Vista 32-bit runs at when just idling? Someone I know says when his Vista 32-bit is running it is taking around 900 megabytes of memory. Is this normal?

2048Megabytes

He wants me to take a look at his computer. I'll probably run some anti spyware programs. I think malware may be at work in his system.

He also has a Pentium D processor. Since you have a dual core, could the single core processor be an issue with more memory being used?

Last edited:

twitchtwice

No, vista has a shitload of eye candy and pointless processes that run in the background, its normal to have quite a bit of memory taken up during idle. i had ultimate like oscar was saying and it idled at around 20-30%usage. Here is my advice, upgrade to Win XP and your problems of memory usage are solved.

brian

VIP Member
No, vista has a shitload of eye candy and pointless processes that run in the background, its normal to have quite a bit of memory taken up during idle. i had ultimate like oscar was saying and it idled at around 20-30%usage. Here is my advice, upgrade to Win XP and your problems of memory usage are solved.

nope, vista uses less memory on basic level then xp on basic... surprisingly