Windows Vista Secrets Revealed

danyopizzle

Windows Vista is one the worst operating systems ever. Delete one program on your computer and the whole thing crash's. It is because it has this tree system where everything connects, my explorer has blocked itself from me... it is of the automatic updates for vista likes to block any sort of "illigal download". It was after i wanted to open up a script to see my current grades for a credit recovery site. WTF! So i have to use firefox now. With that. Another secret, microsoft knows everywhere are online all the time. There is no privacy... and their private policy is bull shit. I dont know if they can read what im writing here since i am using firefox browser, im not sure if they are compatible with that. Im not a genius, so if you can prove me wrong, i would be happy to listen. But what do you think?/Know?

brian

VIP Member
yeah, vista is great... and if they track you, they would be in jail atm. but they arnt

Ambushed

danyopizzle: Read the rules no explicit language is allowed

3. Rude, offensive or threatening comments as well as posting of adult material will not be tolerated. Use of bad language is not allowed, some words are censored and will appear as ****. Just because **** appears instead of the banned word, that does not make it alright, you will still receive an infraction/possible ban. If you insult any of the moderator or administrator team, your account will be instantly banned.

http://www.computerforum.com/52038-forum-rules.html

dznutz

i totally agree with danny. once i booted vista up i had to catch the flying dragon. but it's not possible.

TrainTrackHack

VIP Member
once i booted vista up i had to catch the flying dragon. but it's not possible.

???
I'm sure it is (well, at least it was on my last trip :p)
Even though sometimes it's a pain...it's actually not that bad. Not when you have a spare computer XP and two with 98 to back it up...

Mitch?

banned
i've had vista for a bit now, and yeah the driver issues and such are tricky, especially since yours truly got 64 bit (not much by choice though) and i've had to reinstall a few times because of validation errors after trying to install some non-Vista programs, but it's a good system to build on, and i'm sure SP1 fixes some, but give it time, i remember how anti-XP people were till 2002-2003

speedyink

VIP Member
its also s**t

XP is total s**t

See? I can do it too. Next time you post here take your head out of your ass. If you don't like Vista thats fair, but to go on making comments like that is just retarded. Keep it to yourself, asshole.

Vista is very DRM heavy, that is a fact.

I'm curious as to what that means? I have noticed no difference between Windows XP and Vista when playing my non drm and drm music. So what exactly is the difference?

Last edited:

mep916

Administrator
Staff member
I'm curious as to what that means? I have noticed no difference between Windows XP and Vista when playing my non drm and drm music. So what exactly is the difference?

http://www.cs.auckland.ac.nz/~pgut001/pubs/vista_cost.html

^ That article attempts to outline how DRM operates in Vista. It's quite lengthy and appears to be bias, but still provides some good technical information.

Hopefully tlarkin can give us a brief description in his own words. :D

tlarkin

VIP Member
It basically makes things harder to make and limits them, and requires specific hardware to play back other things as well, making the consumer spend more money to buy a new expansion card because their current one does not work.

Then the whole intelectual property law thing (IPs) that would by law require companies that want to participate in this product actually use that standard of DRM, which is forcing everyone into a market. It also forces developers to pay for rights to this DRM to develop for it, and if their price goes up, they in return charge the consumer for it to make up for loss of profits.

Digitally assigned drivers, while yes it is good to have standards, it is not good to force and charge your third party developers to do it, which again locks you into a market.

I won't even touch the HD/Blu ray play back, since almost everyone got screwed on that end.

speedyink

VIP Member
Hmm, I see. I still haven't seen a real world difference though(bearing in mind me and anyone I know have never tried blu ray on a computer)
As for the digitally assigned drivers, thats just 64 bit, right?

Last edited: