Windows Vista Secrets Revealed

deankenny

XP is total s**t

See? I can do it too. Next time you post here take your head out of your ass. If you don't like Vista thats fair, but to go on making comments like that is just retarded. Keep it to yourself, asshole.

I'm curious as to what that means? I have noticed no difference between Windows XP and Vista when playing my non drm and drm music. So what exactly is the difference?

u do realise admins look at this, u jus swore learn to use the * key tut tut eg: a**hole

tlarkin

VIP Member
Alright, didn't read the whole thing, but it sounds like the problem lies within bluray playback? So thats it? Thats what people are bitching about? Are there that many people that watch blu ray discs on their computer?

No, to outline it for you since you are too lazy to read it yourself here it goes:

1) Digitally assigned drivers are required, which prohibits third party open source drivers, and/or makes them impossible to run, or extremely hard in some cases. This also forces the developer to purchase the dev kit from MS to make their drivers digitally assigned, which in return they charge more for the product. If it costs more to make, they charge more, simple economics and business models. This also makes the developer create drivers in a certain manner which a lot of times makes them suck.

2) HD play back, requires a specific set of DRM rights which very little video cards actually fully support. So, if you went out and bought the very first generation of expensive DX10 series video cards, you may have just wasted your money. This also has the same problem as above, it costs more to develop so it will cost the consumer more to use.

3) Limits functionality- this is because when you develop from a set system you may lose certain freedoms that have existed before.

4) Licensing costs, you must subscribe to this model of DRM to protect your content you develop, but at the same time pay license rights to the IP owner to use it. This goes back to number 1 driving costs up.

5) DRM is not standardized in any way. So, if MS deems it necessary to not support certain standards of DRM (ie their competitors) then you are wasting your money on buying DRM content.

Of course all of this can be bypassed and if you read online how people have bypassed the DRM to play back HD content it is fairly simple and most users can figure it out. However, that does not excuse the fact that they are driving costs up for you, and they are giving you a less functional product and forcing you into a market.

vonfeldt7

It's not like they give out infractions every 5 seconds to anyone that cusses. I think they're pretty flexible about it...I've seen the Mods use profanity before...

At the same time, I think there's a difference between saying a "cuss word" every now and then, and saying one every four words.

Anyways, to the OP, Vista is fine in my opinion. It's never given me any problems at all. Maybe you don't know what you're doing.

Also, at the privacy stuff...do you really think M$ is monitoring everything you say? Out of their millions and millions of users...they choose you? Even if they are monitoring what you say/do, who cares. I don't see why people get so mad about stuff like that. It's the same thing with the Gov't tapping phone lines. If the Gov't is monitoring me? I don't really care, monitor me all you want, go ahead, you're not bothering me any. You'll find that I'm a 17 year old male who loves computers, food, sleep, guns, and fire/explosions. Nothing wrong with that.

Last edited:

tlarkin

VIP Member
I can tell you one thing, private corporations have more information about us and our private lives than the government does. Sooner or later the government will come knocking and want that information, and who is going to stop them from taking it?

vonfeldt7

I can tell you one thing, private corporations have more information about us and our private lives than the government does. Sooner or later the government will come knocking and want that information, and who is going to stop them from taking it?

Not me. They'll look at "Kansas" as the location and go "Oh this is just a redneck hilbilly, we don't even want his profile"

But seriously, I haven't done anything wrong. They have no reason to suspect me to be a terrorist (although the whole.."I love guns, fire and explosives" thing probably doesn't fly to well). The only people that should worry are the ones that the Gov't is looking for.

tlarkin

VIP Member
Not me. They'll look at "Kansas" as the location and go "Oh this is just a redneck hilbilly, we don't even want his profile"

But seriously, I haven't done anything wrong. They have no reason to suspect me to be a terrorist (although the whole.."I love guns, fire and explosives" thing probably doesn't fly to well). The only people that should worry are the ones that the Gov't is looking for.

Well considering your credit card company, your utility company, your bank, and many others have your address, your social, your full name, and your credit and purchase history. Then your ISP has all of that plus your browsing history. Trust me, they know everything you do, and while they may not track you but if they need to they can.

G25r8cer

Wow!!! I can see people getting infractions already. Im going to keep to myself on this thread. LOL Vista is great!! No issues here at all. IE just plain old sucks so you should use Firefox anyways!!

f.i.t.h

i totally agree with danny. once i booted vista up i had to catch the flying dragon. but it's not possible.

Heroin Hero ftw!

To the OP: Thats just... wow.

Not quite on topic but:
When Vista was in RC1 its was pretty terrible but it has improved a lot since.

danyopizzle

im surprised how far this deal went. I was not high on anything that night i put that stuff out. It was a knowledge i picked up from someone. I am glad to see multiple opinions. You see so it wasnt my oppinion, i just wanted to see what everyone else thought. What else do i know? Another source has told me that every month windows gets the data stored on your computer, windows made vista to prevent piracy and thats why vista has not been cracked yet or can be pirated. Windows xp was pirated the first hour it came out. also is everyones problem? jeez so much dissing

tlarkin

VIP Member
Oh vista has already been cracked and there are pirated versions floating around, heck over in China like 90% of vista users are using a pirated version.

El DJ

im surprised how far this deal went. I was not high on anything that night i put that stuff out. It was a knowledge i picked up from someone. I am glad to see multiple opinions. You see so it wasnt my oppinion, i just wanted to see what everyone else thought. What else do i know? Another source has told me that every month windows gets the data stored on your computer, windows made vista to prevent piracy and thats why vista has not been cracked yet or can be pirated. Windows xp was pirated the first hour it came out. also is everyones problem? jeez so much dissing
WTF?
Is there such thing as software that HASN'T been cracked/pirated?
And please, links to your sources?
Source on XP being cracked in the first HOUR?

Last edited:

diduknowthat

formerly liuliuboy

LOL, Vista has been pirated. Google it and you'll see (I am not advocating for illegal software, just proving my point).

concorde

People: can you clean up your language? Sure, I know the feeling about Microsoft's new OS, fill in the blank here (______) but my wonders!!!
Thanks to those who have "clean" language.

It sounds like a bunch of Southerners gathering around a broken-down Ford on a hot day in here.