Windows XP Black Welcome Logon Screen...Help! Plz.

cazajosa

I need help in resolving an issue with Windows Xp. The problem is that when I boot my computer I get the diagnostics screen where it asks you to go into safe mode or boot normally. After you select any of those options, the loggin process continues to go smoothley until it reaches the welcome screen where you can select the user. All I get is a black screen with my pointer. If I log into safe mode, I see the safe mode words on the four corners of the screen and I can move my pointer and everything but everything is black. I tried chaning the NTLDR file and NTDETECT.COM file but nothing happens. Can somebody help me?

Praetor

Administrator
Staff member
Yeah no problem, im just confused about what he could have changed (and considering if you changed something you must know some serious stuff....) :confused:

Hellbreather

True I mean in order to change those type of things you have to know a lot about what it does and how to change it. But I guess he just madea careless mistake he can't fix.
The Moral of the story is: Never try to change something you don't understand how