Windows xp doesnt recognize sata ?!

jw214

i read this in another thread on here and i am wondering "is this true ?". i hope not but if so can someone tell me why ?

force123

it doesn't recognize sata cause it doesn't have sata drivers by default. But you can make it recognize SATA.

StrangleHold

Staff member
If its a older XP cd you might have a problem and have to hit F6 to load Sata drivers but if it has atleast SP2 on it you should not have a problem except maybe with a few chipset. You can just Slipstream any drivers to your CD.

DCIScouts

VIP Member
I believe it was actually SP1 that included the SATA drivers with the OS. The original release of XP doesn't have SATA drivers included, that is correct.

Calibretto

VIP Member
I believe it was actually SP1 that included the SATA drivers with the OS. The original release of XP doesn't have SATA drivers included, that is correct.

Hardly anyone has the original release anyways so I don't see it as a problem really.

Darkserge

I have same problem in last night and the bios can see sata hard drive. I installing Window Xp, but it cant find sata doing installing Window XP. It cancel installing.

StrangleHold

Staff member
You put your Sata drivers on a floppy and at the F6 prompt pop in the floppy and it copies them off or just make you a slipstream copy of your XP with the drivers included.