Windows XP game installation problem

anubis

Hi i get this message every time i try to install certain games on my PC

16 bit Windows Subsystem

C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\AUTOEXEC.NT. The system file is not suitable for running MS-DOS and Microsoft Windows applications. Choose 'Close' to terminate the application.

if anyone knows how i would be able to overcome this problem it would be greatly appreciated as i would like to be able to play some of the older decent games i have for my PC

elmarcorulz

VIP Member
im guessing your running windows xp yes?

if so, click start > prorgams > accessories > program compatability wizard and follow the instructions. hope this helps :)

Hairy_Lee

VIP Member
do a search for that file, hopefully you'll find it in a folder called repair. The i think you'll have to copy it to either to the windows folder or the system 32 folder; i had this problem a while ago and this is what i did to solve it :)

elmarcorulz

VIP Member
its nothingwrong with the file, its to do with the fact its an old game. i had that problem when installing virtual springfield on xp. just follow the steps i gave, and it should work, it did for me

anubis

Cheers

trust microsoft to make things more difficult for people with their windows products.

Cromewell

Administrator
Staff member
do a search for that file, hopefully you'll find it in a folder called repair. The i think you'll have to copy it to either to the windows folder or the system 32 folder; i had this problem a while ago and this is what i did to solve it
this should solve it, just to clarify: copy autoexec.nt from C:\Windows\repair to C:\Windows\system32