Windows XP Home? Or Media edition?

i would get media center because you can add tv tuners and stuff to your pc if you ever felt like it and then burn what you record to a dvd if you have a dvd burner

Filip

breakthesilenc21 said:
i would get media center because you can add tv tuners and stuff to your pc if you ever felt like it and then burn what you record to a dvd if you have a dvd burner

Well, I have Windows XP Home Edition and I do that stuff so you don't need Media Center to have TV Tuner/s.

i'd say PRO actually, between the 2, Home.

I don't know how many times have I reformated my HDD and installed Pro or Home Edition but whenever I run benchmarks I get a higher score with Home Edition and it boots quicker (around 5 seconds quicker).

Last edited:

m3incorp

I would go with Media Center. I have media center on two computers, 2000 on one laptop, Pro on one laptop and Home on another computer. I prefer the Media Center one.

Geoff

VIP Member
filip-matijevic said:
Well, I have Windows XP Home Edition and I do that stuff so you don't need Media Center to have TV Tuner/s.

I don't know how many times have I reformated my HDD and installed Pro or Home Edition but whenever I run benchmarks I get a higher score with Home Edition and it boots quicker (around 5 seconds quicker).
Media Center lets you have more than one TV Tuner.

XP Media Center is alot better than Home. It includes many features that are in pro, but arent in home.

Christian Darrall

I Would Say That Media Center Is More Professional At Doing What Its Suppost To Do E.g. Tv Tuning, But Xp Pro And Home Can Do That 2 (soz Bout Caps) But Not As Good,

If You Only Want To Use Media Centers Features Only Use Media Center, But Xp Home And Pro Have A Wider Selection Of Things To Do.

Media Center = People Who Mainly Wanna Watch Tv, Windows Messenger Etc

Xp Home = Home Users

Xp Pro Company Users Etc.

Actually What Is The Difference In Xp's

Spi1lz

The guy posted a link with comparisons on the first page...

Media Center has everything Pro has, but includes the whole "media" aspect...

Apparently...

Dr Studly

banned
no, media center doesn't have the saftey and security of Pro...
Media Center = xp home with media features (such as the media center)
XP Home = faster than MCE
XP Pro = faster than MCE and more security and saftey

right after a clean install of media center on my computer my PF Usage is 140MB... right after a clean install of home or pro, my PF Usage is around 80mb... pretty groovy huh? sounds like the seinfeld episode of the "non-fat yougurt"
if any of you have seen that

SFR

Truth fears no questions
With Windows MCE you are able to use advanced permissions but you are unable to join a domain. You can, however, access network resources and Encrypting File System is included with MCE.