Windows XP Installation Problem!

hckyplyr000

I was just upgrading my dad's computer, and by the end of it, it is basically a brand new computer. However, for some reason I cannot install Windows XP Pro. I have a AMD Sempron 2500+ Processor, a PCChips Motherboard, 512MB Kingston RAM, a new PSU, 2 CD drives from the previous computer, and a HD from the old computer as well. Well, each time i attempt to install Windows, before it actually i installs, it says that a file is corrupt, the computer will restart. Sometimes it is the same file that is corrupt, but it is a different file from time to time. Once, I was able to pass that, and install Windows, however as the files were being copied, it kept sayin that ...... file cannot be found, please insert CD and try again, or ESC to skip the file. After trying to retry several times, I had to skip the file. But i guess it happened too much that once the installation was complete and after the computer restarted, it said that it had to shut down, and nothin happened. So i was wondering, what is going on? Am I doing something wrong? Is my Windows XP CD corrupt or something? Is something wrong with the Hardware? Please, if anyone knows anything or has information, i would truly appreciate it!

hckyplyr000

Thank you very much....i just installed a newer CD drive....and Windows is installing right now. Once again, thank u....wat wud i do without a forum? haha