windows xp on pentium 2

Bigshow1030

I have an older computer that has 384 mb of pc133 sdram and that has a pentium 2 on it.....will windows xp run on this? :confused:

tweaker

VIP Member
The minimum cpu spec for XP is 233Mhz, I've personally used XP on a 233mhz machine with 96Mb of memory so your system will run it just fine. :)

Bigshow1030

Great

YEAH RUNNING WINDOWS 98 AFTER YOU HAVE HAD XP FOR SO LONG IS TERRIBLE. LIKE DRIVING A FERRARI AND THEN YOU GO BACK AND PUT ME IN A FIOT :eek:

stalex111

Well, if you dont have good specs for XP,(384 mb of pc133 sdram will go just fine though), whatever you do, DO NOT take windows ME (the horror!) because it really sucks.

Bigshow1030

Lol

You would never believe it but one of my buddies have that on their system and they refuse to go xp......they love "ME" for some ungodly reason?
:confused:

jancz3rt

<b>VIP Member</b>
Hahahha

Well I loved ME until I got XP. I did not like 98 because I had so many problems with it. Now to the topic...I have Windows XP Pro SP2 installed on my sister's PII 350Mhz MMX processor with 128 MB SD-RAM (100Mhz). It worked really good but has slowed down considerably when loading up due to the greater amount of running programs such as messengers, firewall and antivirus. Otherwise it should work just fine.

JAN :D

elmarcorulz

VIP Member
lol, the downstairs computer ran fine with xp pro sp2 until i installed firwall, anti virus, anti spyware etc..... thats a pIII 600mhz

Bigshow1030

yeah...

I have always said, if it isn't broke try to make it go faster.....Has come back a couple of times to kick me in the butt though :D