Windows XP pro academic ver.???

Status
Not open for further replies.

Purple Bird

About a year ago a friend of mine gave me a XP pro academic version disk.
I was just wondering are you only able to install this CD onto one computer only? The reason why I ask this is because I have probably installed the disk in about 4 different PC's, but the other day when I tried to install the disk again on a PC that I just bought without a OS, the XP installation was acting very strange. For an example, some files were missing, and I am starting to see some very strange behaviors like cursors moving on it's own, and crashing the computer.

jancz3rt

<b>VIP Member</b>
Not Allowed

Purple Bird said:
About a year ago a friend of mine gave me a XP pro academic version disk.
I was just wondering are you only able to install this CD onto one computer only? The reason why I ask this is because I have probably installed the disk in about 4 different PC's, but the other day when I tried to install the disk again on a PC that I just bought without a OS, the XP installation was acting very strange. For an example, some files were missing, and I am starting to see some very strange behaviors like cursors moving on it's own, and crashing the computer.

Hello. I am not very fammiliar with the license agreement regarding the XP Pro ACADEMIC edition, but I would think that they would only allow you to install on one PC. So if what I am saying is true, then you have done it illegaly and HAVE to remove it from the other PCs. Note that your friend most probably got it through his school and by passing it on to you (he signed a contract with the school), he has done something illegal. As for the installation acting weird, I do not think that it's the installation itself gone bad, but rather something else that you carried out after the installation.

JAN :D

P.S.: PLEASE REMOVE WINDOWS XP PRO AC. ED. IF YOU HAVE INSTALLED IT UNDER THE CIRCUMSTANCES I DESCRIBED.

UNLESS you meet these requirements - ACADEMIC EDITION SOFTWARE. To use Product identified as "Academic Edition" or "AE," you must be a "Qualified Educational User." For qualification-related questions, please contact the Microsoft Sales Information Center/One Microsoft Way/Redmond, WA 98052-6399 or the Microsoft subsidiary serving your country. (extract from Microsoft EULA)

Status
Not open for further replies.