Windows xp PRO Corp SP2 SP3-3282 NOSOUND

ALIVe_

yeah... I installed this windows on my computer, brand new one and there's no way I can get the audio driver to work. ATm I'm trying to download the drivers from the manufacurer's website (Realtek), but I have heard that some people have the same problem with this version of the windows and that it is a bit tricky to solv this problem. I'd like to know how to do that tho.

Please, do not argue over this thread, I want solutions not somebody trying to be smarter than the other.

Thank you,
ALiVe_

pies

What happens when you install it does it give you an error message or anything?
Go to device manager and see if theres a yellow triangle near the device.

ALIVe_

Yeah I+ve been there before and there shows nothing like there is a driver to install, but this PCI Device that I tryed several times to update and it was not successfull
I also uninstalled and reinstalled the realtek driver a few times (rebooting the computer after the installations ofcourse) but still.

ALIVe_

Btw, when I was building the computer I decided to go for High Definition Audio. Should I try Ac'97 ? There is the option of choosing betwen those two.

What do you say?

ALIVe_

Try it.
Are you trying front pannel audio or back pannel?
well you know, no matter what I try, its not gonna work coz not even the volume control options are available... its like if there was no audio drivers installed.

StrangleHold

Staff member
If you have HD sound you need to install the (Microsoft UAA Bus driver for High Definition Audio) before the sound will work.

ALIVe_

Well atm I'm downloading windows updates. Lets see what happens, and also downloading the ac97 drivers.
Cross your fingers.

ALIVe_

When you turn the computer on does it say found new hardware?

No it doesn't.
its nothing wrong with the driver... its just this windows xp pro corp sp2 sp3-3282 that in some computers have this same problem with the "audio device detection".

ALIVe_

yeah I have the HD sound.
Maybe that will work. I'll try it. Ty

Hehehe... I thought that was a big deal. but lol, you just made me install again the ****ing High Definition driver.

Let me get this straight, the problem I have is because of the windows version I installed, as the thread's name says, please if an ADMIN / MODERATOR sees this thread, consider moving it to the operational system Section. Due the problem is related with the "Windows XP PRO CORP SP2 SP3-3282".

Thank you,
ALiVe_