Windows xp pro doesnt detect internet.

ABonel33smidget

I had an extra hard drive lying around so I figured I would put xp pro on for the fun of it. I have wipped this hdd out and done this about 8 times. This last time I did it everything was all fine but I had no modem detection. Nor did I have any internet drivers... The hdd came from an old computer and I tried it in the one I am on right now. ( the intel in my sig ) The mobo has built in ethernet. So I thought it should automaticly detect it. I dont have the modem cd so I cant get it that way. Is their any site that would have a downloadable version? Or is my xp pro just an offline hdd now?
Thanks for the help in advance,

wasisnt

XP wont necessarily detect all your hardware. If you know what it is go online with another computer and download the drivers. I always write down the hardware of the computer before doing a format if I dont know what it is off hand.

ABonel33smidget

Ok, I got the driver dled that I needed. But I dont have a disk large enough to burn it on *doh*
Thank you for the help tho. Now at least I know what I needed and have it.

m0nk3ys1ms

wasisnt said:
XP wont necessarily detect all your hardware. If you know what it is go online with another computer and download the drivers. I always write down the hardware of the computer before doing a format if I dont know what it is off hand.

that is a good thing to keep in mind