Windows XP Pro Help

I know you all probably have already discussed this, but I tried to update my computer to Service pack 2 today. Now my computer refuses to start up. I can't even get it to come up in the safe mode. I have XP pro. Any help out there would greatly be appreciated.

Thanks,
Hillbilly

I'm sure it's getting errors, but I'm new at this and not sure how to advise what errors. It keeps trying to reboot, but it keeps coming to the same screen.

JTM

What screen is showing up? If there is text on it what does it say? Are you hearing any beeps doing booting?

I t beeps once, and then goes to the black screen that advises that it's sorry for the inconvenience and then asks you how you want to try to boot up again. I have tried all the options, but it keeps coming back to this same screen.

mcutra

Re

Yeah i'm sure he gets errors or something... Try with win XP CD to recover it ok ..

regards tony

zakattack9

If you download SP2 from the internet, I think you should've done a bit more reseatch about things like this. About 90% of computer upgrades made free from the internet don't work. That's what I've heard.