Windows xp too old??

opera936

Installtion disc too old?

i just built an pentium 630 with 1gb ram, but after installing windows xp pro and i try to install the drivers for the motherboard, and it saids that hardware might be removed or isn't installed. Even i try to install the driver for my x600 it saids it's not available?? Do i need an newer xp install cd?

Last edited:

lethalforce

if your using the comp now, then doesnt that mean there already installed? if no then i doubt there to old something else must be up

Xycron

banned
As long as your CD is a legit version which activated fine then you dont, and as long as everything is working fine you dont really NEED drivers, but are you installing off CD or off there website?

StrangleHold

Staff member
opera936 said:
i just built an pentium 630 with 1gb ram, but after installing windows xp pro and i try to install the drivers for the motherboard, and it saids that hardware might be removed or isn't installed. Even i try to install the driver for my x600 it saids it's not available?? Do i need an newer xp install cd?

You need to get the board chipset drivers from the board maker and the Videocard drivers from ATI

opera936

darn, i couldn't get this system up to run. specs below: ecs pf4 mobo, 1gbddr2, p4 630, ausus x600xt. i used an dell oem reinstallation disc as the install disc. could this be some sort of bad mobo component issue?:( i really want to get this thing to run, plez help. I tried the ati video card driver downloaded from the internet just a while ago doens't work(is there a driver difference for pci-e and agp, or it's just the same driver no matter wat the interferce is), how do i install the chipset driver(not avialable at ecs.com)? http://www.ecs.com.tw/ECSWeb/Produc...LanID=0&DetailID=459&DetailName=Specification mines has only one rj11 port.

Last edited:

Xycron

banned
The dell disk is your problem, you need to get a new legit version of windows, not a dell disk, if you read it it anyways, your only allowed to use it on a dell pc and only one.

opera936

got an xp legit disc installed and installed sound and usb and stuff. Got the driver from ati.com and installed.............every works now except for the video card. i installed cnc genearls.........tried to play even wit lowest details, lag lag lag it's much worser than an mx400 video card. downloaded chipset utility from intel said "Failed to identify your ICH". can anyone tell me what's wrong wit the video card, is it bad?

opera936

I got an legit version from my friend :) and everything is working out, except for the video card issue stated above. This were supposed to be my gaming machine, but now the video card's not working wtf..... anymore suggestions?