WinMCE Remote control volume problem!!!

NattyDredd

Hi all, hope this is a common error on my part - and nothing more serious...

I have a problem when using the (infared) remote control volume button within Windows Media Center Edition. When the volume button is pressed (volume up or down) on the remote, the volume within Media Centre goes to 0db (so no sound!:confused:).
It seems like there's a conflict of "volume controls" happening. Could this issue be caused by having 2 soundcards and relevant software installed. One soundcard is an onboard one (Realtek). The other is an Audiophile Delta 24/96 PCI Soundcard.

The Delta PCI card is set as default playback/recording device.

Any advice offered would be very much appreciated.....:)

Thank's......

massahwahl

VIP Member
If your using the Delta card as your primary sound card then you need to uninstall and disable the onboard sound in your bios. Having both softwares installed is likely causing the remotes drivers to fight for attention from both programs and getting mixed up.

Try that and it should work.

NattyDredd

Thanks for the reply, apologies for my delay in responding to your post.

Right then as an update. I removed the onboard Realtek within the bios, and from the windows system (control panel). Also removed the drivers for the Realtek.
But this has not as yet sorted the problem. The remote works generally but not the volume. The windows Mixer (k-mixer I think its called?) goes to ZERO (0db) when the remote volume button is pressed - what is different is that the sound no longer mutes (sound still plays) - which leads me to believe that the general sound is no longer being mapped through the Windows Mixer. However, the Delta Mixer does not respond, nor does Windows Media Center.

Should I remove and Win Registry entries for the Realtek onboard card (if any exist after the un-install I performed).

Thanks again for the response.