winmx and other programs help!

93glouden

helpme.jpg

i get this on alot of progs, any ideas?

sypher822

check the device manager to make sure that your network card is installed, and working properly...try updating the drivers

if or when, the device is working right... open the network connections section of the network neighbourhood, check the properites and install the tcp/ip protocol if it is not already there.. also configure it

how do you run the internet?? LAN, USB, RJ-45(dial-up lol)...

93glouden

hhhmmmm i use my ethernet port with a motorola surfbord 4200 modem and speed is 2mb/256

updated now

and still same, i just got a new copy of xp pro with SP2 instaled but before without SP2 it was fine.......firewall for SP2 is off and everything so.... dunno

93glouden

hhhmmmm all p2p, i cant send files on msn, the lord of the rings-battle for middle earth. cant play that online :mad:

Bigshow1030

Have that problem also

Hey gloudon I to have that same problem with a buddies computer.....I guess I need someone to tell me how to set tcp incoming connections and how to update and so on as far as the network card is concerned.....he is also using a dsl modem which I believe is also motorola. Someone mind tellingme how one goes about updating such a thing and what the "CONNECTIONS" are supposed to be set at? :confused:

93glouden

i dont have dsl, i have cable and i cant connect to anything like p2p, sp2 firewall is turned off.

i just tried a new p2p called exeem and that cant connect either :mad:

silver_shadow

the time i had installed sp2, it gave me similar messages. so i first opened all the standard ports in the firewall and then even turned it off and it didn't make any difference! so i uninstalled sp2 and everything was fine!